About Me

My photo
Mandate the hell out of it!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Less than a day in, and the year's already interesting

I feel thoughtful today. I'm in a chronological mood. This is new.

1. I have been thinking a lot lately (which can be dangerous, hehe) and I've come up with this interesting question (or, at least it seems interesting to me): If, to a certain level, a Butch anatomically-female person is Transgender, does that mean that, again to a certain level, a Female-to-Male Transgreally ender person is Butch?

2. I really adore all these books I've been reading recently relating to Transgender politics and life and such (aka: "Transgender Rights", "My Gender Workbook", "Transgender Warriors", "Butch Is A Noun", "From the Inside Out", "Drag King Dreams", and "Stone Butch Blues" (I've read that last one a lot)). I think it's interesting to continously broaden my horizons but at the same time feel a real, valid connection to what I'm reading because the authors and I, to an extent, have some similar parts to our individual stories.

3. I want some Thai food. Particularly some golden bags from this fancy-shmancy place I go to sometimes. They're crispy little bundles, full of sausage (I think) and shrimp. And I want a Thai iced tea from the other restaurant I'm fond of.

4. I'm already sick of the Rose Bowl parade in Pasadena, CA, and I'm not even really watching it--just listening, because the rest of my family is watching it.

5. I gave my mom an ultimatum this morning: Either she defends me and my open, accepting, liberal views until I move out because I'm her child and I need her support, or she sticks with her boyfriend and his conservativity (I'm not sure if that's a word, but it fits).

6. Women are still confusing. And one in particular is really pissing me off right now.

7. There's a good chance I'm seeing Bear on Friday. And if I see hir, I'll probably be meeting hir dog. Many woots!

*Boy, have I bounced around a lot today. I must be menstruating.*

1 comment:

Peterson Toscano said...

wow, yeah bouncing around. What an exciting first day AND it is not yet done! Still have a few hours left.

My day was less eventful. Just went for a 10 mile hike and then cooked dinner, oh and then edited my New Year's Eve video.

Happy New Year!