About Me

My photo
Mandate the hell out of it!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I'm gonna be a drag king!


Well, I mean, I will be if I can get together enough money to go to Georgia this summer. But, hell, if? There is no "if"! I'm gonna get a job (I'm applying to a bunch of places when everything opens again on Tuesday), and I'm gonna graduate this year, and then I'm gonna go out to GA with my boys and we're gonna KICK ASS. Well, they might. I'm sure they will. But I'm not quite sure about me. They think I'm cool shit, but I'll let you in on something *gestures for you to come closer with my finger* *whispers*: I'm not really the shiz-nit. ... ;D

There's a lot of love between me and my brothers. I know that. But something I'm afraid I might have to clue them in on before we start practicing grinding and singing and having fun and making asses of ourselves is: I CAN'T DANCE. I mean, I can grind (I think). I can be a dirty, dirty boy, but that's only sometimes. In the dark, and in the crossfire of strobe lights. When there are people surrounding me but not paying attention to me at all. But on stage... with a bunch of people watching me who probably already know my brothers and thus might have heard about me from them but, like them, don't know I don't have any rhythm... uhhhh... heheheh. Check please!

Naw, I love those guys. I trust them. I know that, if they don't think I'm ready to go onstage and perform with them while I'm out there with them, or if I don't feel confident enough, they'll give me a break. I've got faith in them--if they think I can do it (like I think they do), then I'll try. But I'll never be as confident as them when they're performing (because I bet you gotta be pretty confident to be able to do something like that on a regular basis), and I doubt I'll ever look as good as the guy at the top of this post.

2 comments:

Peterson Toscano said...

cool, very cool. Maybe you can have a practice run at True Colors during the Open Mic. Hmmmm.

Elliot Coale said...

There's an Open Mic?