About Me

My photo
Mandate the hell out of it!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Political YouTube videos rock

I've been getting pretty political this year. And something that has surprised me about the online video site YouTube is that they don't only have crazy comedy and claymation clips--they have some pretty politically-active members, too! A while back, I posted an entry about the Dixie Chicks and their film, Shut Up and Sing. And, since the summer, I've become increasingly supportive of Transgender issues (specifically, the Gwen Araujo murder case and what people are doing in memorium for her). So, here are some very well-made YouTube videos about those two topics.

"In Memory of Gwen Amber Rose Araujo" (by darkXsmile)


"Dixie Chicks Shut Up and Sing Trailer" (by ilovedixiechicks777)

4 comments:

Diana_CT said...

It is so easy to be an activist; we do it by just being who we are. We do it by walking down the street. We do it by going to a restaurant. When ever we going out in public, we are saying I will not hide any more, I will not take it any more.
We do it by standing up and being counted.

I am going to put “In Memory of Gwen Amber Rose Araujo" (by darkXsmile) on my blog because people need to remember.

Elliot Coale said...

Thanks, Diana. :)

Peterson Toscano said...

wow, very powerful. That song with the video about Gwen is so perfect.

I agree with Diana, it is so easy to be an activist by being who we are. But for some of us (I know this has been true for me) it took me so long to accept myself.

elliot, I am so glad you are allowing yourself to explore your life fully.

Elliot Coale said...

Me too, Peterson. What do you think of that trailer for the Dixie Chicks' film?