About Me

My photo
Mandate the hell out of it!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New writing

Last night, I couldn't fall asleep. An hour after I took my shower and brushed my teeth, I was still wide awake and thinking clearly. I read one of the books my father and stepmother gave me for Christmas. I listened to a bit of calm, slow, sad, romantic music. I went on the Internet. But I still could not sleep. Then I got an idea for something new to write. And I sat in my bed, with my pen and paper and my old, cracked, wooden writing board, and I let the words and ideas flow out of me. The result was a long time coming. It is a document of raw, painful memories and new, positive, encouraging statements from trusted friends. I'm not going to post it yet--it's very personal, and I don't think that I'm ready to let others see it in such a public fashion. Someday, maybe you'll see it. But not now.

No comments: