About Me

My photo
Mandate the hell out of it!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Relationship status

No, I am not dating anybody! Don't fret, lovelies! Merely, I am making an intriguing introduction to my new English assignment, which happens to be an Extended Literary Analysis. Our teacher is very nice (and open-minded, which is even better!), and he allowed me to...well...analyze (for lack of a better word) Leslie Feinberg's groundbreaking novel, Stone Butch Blues. Anyway, here is the first part of my paper (once the paper is finished, I will repost it all as one blog, but until then, I'll keep you all updated!):

"Leslie Feinberg’s novel Stone Butch Blues is inarguably the most influential of all hir literary works. Since its first publication in 1993, the novel has spurred great emotion in many people who are literate in the languages it has been translated into. It has also proven that the Transgender community, whom the novel was originally directed toward, clearly knows to grasp on to something which it deems phenomenal and universal. While the novel orbits the societal and political views and happenings of the period of time that it spans, it also focuses on the theme of relationships and their importance in human life."

So, tellmetellmetellme!!! What do you think?

1 comment:

Peterson Toscano said...

you rock! this is great--informed and intelligently stated. so far sounds like an A!